Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No Matter What analysis

T.I is a southern rapper known for his swagger, cockiness and huge hits. The single No Matter What was a song that profiled T.I throughout his hard times. He accused of buying unliscensed weapons from an undercover officer. He is taking it all in stride and No Matter What is a song explaining how he does that. He uses a lot of slang, allusions and similes/metaphors to shown his point of view.
In the first verse he says, "believe me, pains a small thing to a giant." This is a metaphor comparing himself as a giant and pain unaffecting him. He is saying that he has so much stress but he, "smiles like it all fine." He is going through a lot and he asks how he does it. He makes a lot of allusions to God. He says God is the reason he is still here.
In the second verse he says that he "avoids insanity manage to conquer any obstacle making impossible possible." This is another reference to God. Another allusion he says that God allows him to avoid insanity whicle being locked up in "mi casa." And again when he says, "God'll take through hell just to get you to heaven." I don't agree with T.I here. I get the feeling that he is saying God is just taking me through Hell but I will get to heavin. T.I has been arrested multiple times and hasn't been the best person throughout the years. He is giving an excuse for his bad ways. The last poetic device he uses in the second verse is a simile,"But when life through punches counter and block it like a boxer do." He is comparing life throwing punches like a boxer. Which is a pretty good line.
In the last verse T.I is pretty straight forward, he uses a metaphor saying,"I will weather whatever stoem make it out without a bruise." He is comparing life to a storm and he will make it out just fine. This song is one of T.I softer songs and he really means what he is saying.

No comments:

Rap songs of struggle